A SIM-only deal is a cell phone plan that provides calls, texts and information in return for a month-to-month payment, however would not come bundled with a telephone. Leaving the telephone out of the equation means SIM-only offers could be less expensive than basic mobile phone deals which makes them best if you have already got a handset or are eyeing up a SIM-free phone.
To make issues simple for you, we have gone by means of and combed by means of all of Australia’s obtainable SIM-only plans to picks those we predict supply probably the most bang to your buck. Our selections begin from $16 per thirty days for a fundamental plan, however we have additionally checked out costlier plans at $40 and $60, and there are some nice choices for energy customers who want a great deal of information.
Under, you may discover the perfect SIM-only offers in Australia as of November 2017. Whether or not you’re after the most affordable plan doable, need to dig out the best-value large information SIM plan or simply need an all-round nice deal however don’t understand how a lot to spend, you need to discover a suggestion right here that fits your wants.
Greatest SIM-only offers for beneath $25 a month
Vaya | No contracts | 1GB information | Limitless nationwide calls | Limitless texts | $16 per thirty days | Optus 4G Community
A deal that provides terrific worth, Vaya’s Limitless S plan presents limitless nationwide calls and texts with 1GB of knowledge for simply $16 per thirty days. Better of all, there aren’t any contracts concerned, so your minimal price is the preliminary month-to-month fee. Additionally, if you are going to buy the plan earlier than June 16, 2017, you get a free 5GB data-only SIM to make use of as you see match.
Yomojo| No contracts | 2GB information | Limitless nationwide calls | Limitless texts | $19.90 per thirty days | Optus 4G Community
For just some greater than the final SIM solely plan, you may get an additional gig of knowledge from Yomojo. Just like the Vaya plan, you get limitless calls and texts inside Australia and there aren’t any lock in contracts. It additionally works off the Optus 4G community, although you will not get any bonus information for signing up instantly.
Greatest SIM-only offers for beneath $40 a month
Vaya | No contracts | 10GB information | Limitless nationwide calls | Limitless texts | $36 per thirty days | Optus 4G Community
With Vaya’s Limitless XL plan, you get a whopping 10GB of month-to-month information and limitless nationwide calls and texts for simply $36 per thirty days. Whereas the plan would not supply limitless worldwide calls, you’ll be able to add 200 minutes of abroad calls to 100 choose international locations for simply $2 further per thirty days.
Optus | 12-month contract | 12GB information | $300 worldwide calls (choose international locations) | Limitless nationwide texts | $40 per thirty days | Optus 4G Community
Although this plan requires you to enroll to a 12-month contract, there’s an terrible lot of worth included right here for simply $40 per thirty days. You get 12GB of month-to-month information, in addition to $300 value of worldwide calls to pick out international locations. Technically this can be a 10GB plan, although you get 2GB bonus information in case you enroll earlier than June Four, 2017.
Greatest SIM-only offers for beneath $60 a month
Virgin Cell | 12-month contract | 18GB information | Limitless nationwide calls | Limitless texts | $500 worldwide calls and textual content |$60 per thirty days | Optus 4G Community
Providing an enormous quantity of knowledge at an interesting value, Virgin Cell’s $60 SIM solely plan is nice worth for energy customers. You get a whopping 18GB of month-to-month information (which rolls over to the following month) and $500 value of normal worldwide calls and textual content.
Virgin Cell | No contracts | 11GB information | Limitless nationwide calls | Limitless texts | $500 worldwide calls and textual content |$60 per thirty days | Optus 4G Community
Just like the earlier possibility, the distinction with this $60 per thirty days Virgin Cell plan is that there isn’t any contracts to signal. That stated, there’s a draw back in that it solely presents 11GB of knowledge per thirty days relatively than 18GB. Nonetheless, if that feels like greater than sufficient information for you, then this can be a nice alternative for individuals who hate contracts.
Ought to I’m going SIM-only?
If you happen to a) need to avoid wasting cash; b) do not need to be tied right into a prolonged contract; or c) each of the above, then going SIM-only is properly value contemplating. In reality, you are in all probability in one in all two conditions in case your ideas are turning to a SIM-only cell plan:
- You are coming to the top of your contract and your community is asking you 1,000,000 instances a day to get you to improve. Properly in case your telephone is dying a demise otherwise you simply fancy a change, head to our best mobile phones deal page to see what bargains are lurking, however in any other case going SIM solely in your present telephone is a no brainer. You will wind up paying a lot lower than you’re beneath contract, and you’ll stick with a rolling 30 day contract in order that in case your circumstances change, you may get out of the association tout suite.
- It is time for a shiny new smartphone and also you need to get the perfect worth humanly doable. You will have to seek out just a few hundred bucks up entrance for the handset (remember to examine our SIM free comparison chart) however field intelligent and you will find yourself paying much less over the following 24 months (see beneath). Plus, in case you’re a commitment-phobe, most SIM-only plans do not require you to join two years such as you would with a standard contract.
What SIM card measurement do I would like?
There are three sizes of SIM card which you can get to your telephone, and the one you want will rely in your handset. It has been some time for the reason that conventional, so-called customary SIM (15 x 25mm) has genuinely been the staple in new telephones. As an alternative, any telephone you have purchased inside the final 5 or so years is more likely to require a micro (12 x 15mm) or nano (eight.eight x 12.3mm) SIM – the iPhone 5 was Apple’s first cell with a nano SIM, whereas Samsung started utilizing the smallest measurement in its Galaxy S6.
Earlier than you buy your new SIM, double-check the producer’s web site to see what measurement you require. And in case you’re merely unsure, most networks now merely ship out a triple SIM, so you may get one in all every measurement.
What contract size ought to I get?
Not like with a contract, there’s much more flexibility obtainable relating to how lengthy your SIM-only plan will final. Two yr commitments are nearly exceptional, with the norm being both one yr or rolling one month contracts for final flexibility. You’ll be able to typically get higher costs in case you tie your self in for 12 months, particularly on bigger information tariffs. However sticking to 1 month at a time means which you can successfully hand choose a brand new plan to swimsuit you each 30 days or so.
How a lot information do I would like?
As a result of you’ll be able to change your plan up extra often than a standard, lengthier contract, it is much less essential to get this nailed from the beginning. However in case you’re pondering of grabbing a 12-monther or simply put a private delight on getting issues proper first time, then we’ll enable you to select the candy spot of knowledge for you.
Firstly, examine your telephone to see how a lot information you have been utilizing to this point, and whether or not you have got the tendency to make use of greater than your present allowance each month. Then, in case you’re nonetheless uncertain, try our steering:
- Zero-1GB Tiny quantities of knowledge on SIM solely offers may very well be a blessing or a curse. If you happen to’re placing it in a not often used telephone that can scarcely be away from wi-fi then you definitely’re quids in. But when you find yourself with one as a result of your head’s turned by the unimaginable value, then you could possibly find yourself paying extra in case you frequently go over your allowance.
- 2-3GB For anyone who wants information for little greater than the occasional Google Maps route planning, 2GB and 3GB plans come low-cost and offer you rather more freedom to examine the soccer scores and scroll Fb away from the wi-fi with out hazard.
- Four-8GB If you cannot depart the home with out having a music streaming service like Spotify pouring into your ears, then it could be value paying for some further GBs of knowledge.
- 10-16GB This can be a vital quantity of knowledge and a few networks supply it for a really appetising value. Whether or not streaming music, downloading podcasts, watching social media movies, or all three is your factor – you have to be lined.
- 20-30GB Solely smartphone junkies that want common (and hefty) information fixes want hassle with this avalanche of GBs. You’ll rinse Netflix, Spotify and on-line video games with out an excessive amount of worry of topping out.
Do I would like limitless calls and texts?
Name it practicality, name it greediness, name it what you need – it is human nature to need ‘limitless’ something if supplied. However you need to assume genuinely about whether or not you actually need it in a world the place the likes of WhatsApp and Skype allow you to name and textual content free of charge over wi-fi or 4G. If you happen to resolve that just a few thousand month-to-month minutes and texts ought to do you, then you could possibly shave off some money out of your invoice.
The SIM-only offers on this web page are checked often, so be sure to go to typically if you wish to get probably the most up-to-date info on the offers which are at present obtainable!