[Editor’s Observe: What instantly follows is a rundown of the newest developments and options Microsoft has added to Workplace 365 since this assessment was final up to date.]
- It’s price noting that Office Android apps have arrived for Chromebooks that are able to working software program from Google’s Play retailer.
- Resume Assistant was introduced for Microsoft Phrase, a characteristic which helps Workplace 365 customers put collectively a glowing resume/CV with personalised insights drawn from LinkedIn.
- Three new apps arrived for Office 365 Business Premium, in addition to Microsoft 365 Enterprise, specifically: Microsoft Connections, Microsoft Listings and Microsoft Invoicing.
- Microsoft 365 Enterprise – which contains of Workplace 365, Home windows 10 plus varied safety and MDM options – moved out of testing this month, and into normal availability,
- Microsoft powered up Phrase’s translation instruments, permitting for the interpretation of total paperwork throughout some 60 languages.
- Microsoft introduced premium Outlook.com options to Workplace 365 Dwelling and Private subscribers, together with an inbox storage capability of 50GB, and no extra adverts.
- Microsoft introduced that Office 365 now has 28 million consumer subscribers (up from 24 million this time final yr), and 120 million business customers (up from 85 million).
- Microsoft To-Do, the corporate’s process administration app, started rolling out throughout the Workplace 365 person base.
- Outlook for iOS and Android obtained some good new options together with the power to sync shared calendars to your cellphone, and added capabilities for managing occasions.
- Microsoft ended assist for Workplace 2007 and Outlook 2007, which means no extra safety patches, with the corporate pushing for customers to improve to both to Workplace 365 or 2016.
- Microsoft revealed that Office 2019 will be out next year, so the corporate will proceed to cater for individuals who don’t need (or aren’t prepared) to maneuver to the cloud with Workplace 365.
- Skype for Enterprise has reached the tip of the highway, with Microsoft set to roll the service into Microsoft Teams – with audio conferencing capabilities already in preview.
- The Workplace.com web site has been redesigned, and Workplace 365 app launcher simplified to assist customers open the apps they want swiftly, and to simply change between them.
- Microsoft kicked off a brand new program referred to as ‘Windows Insider Lab for Enterprise’ which permits IT professionals to check out Workplace 365 and different companies at no cost, with a view to upgrading.
- Microsoft Groups was improved by the rollout of visitor entry for Workplace 365 business and training subscribers, permitting company to hitch a staff and subsequent conferences.
- Microsoft brought co-authoring to Excel, together with an auto-save operate for Phrase, Excel or PowerPoint information being labored on in OneDrive or SharePoint On-line.
- Safety agency Barracuda has warned about an ongoing collection of phishing assaults aiming to steal the login credentials of Workplace 365 customers. As ever, be cautious about hyperlinks in emails.
- Microsoft released a new preview of Office for Home windows PCs introducing in-line chat performance to Phrase, Excel and PowerPoint, together with new ink results.
- A redesigned Outlook.com began rolling out in beta this month, with quite a few touches to make your inbox smarter, and the webmail service extra responsive generally.
- Microsoft added new options for Workplace 365 customers to the OneDrive app for iOS, together with the power to take folders offline for entry, and scan a number of pages right into a single PDF.
- With its newest quarterly monetary outcomes, Microsoft introduced that Workplace 365 income surpassed conventional Workplace licenses for the primary time ever.
- The Outlook apps for iOS and Android have benefited from a redesigned navigation and dialog expertise, and new clever search capabilities are promised quickly.
- Three new apps are coming to Workplace 365 Enterprise Premium: Microsoft Connections (e mail advertising and marketing), Microsoft Listings (managing on-line listings) and Microsoft Invoicing.
- Microsoft 365 was revealed, a brand new providing which mixes Workplace 365 and Home windows 10 in a single streamlined bundle, with extra safety and administration options.
- Microsoft launched Workplace Analytics as an add-on for Workplace 365 enterprise clients, a system which makes use of behavioural metrics in an try to spice up worker productiveness.
- Microsoft Groups obtained new classroom experiences, permitting Workplace 365 for Schooling clients to profit from digital classroom environments with wealthy chat capabilities.
- Workplace 365 Superior Risk Safety obtained improved reporting on malicious emails which have been blocked, and a brand new Secure Hyperlinks coverage was launched.
- Microsoft Types, an internet device for creating surveys, is rolling out for business clients, getting into public preview for these customers (beforehand it was solely accessible to training clients).
- Microsoft Stream was launched for Workplace 365 business clients, an clever video service which permits customers to share movies and profit from speech-to-text transcription.
- Microsoft pushed out iOS and Android apps for Microsoft Planner, permitting Workplace 365 customers to replace their plans whereas they’re on the transfer.
- Microsoft used one other tactic to push people in the direction of Workplace 365, asserting that these with a standalone model of Workplace will eventually lose access to OneDrive and Skype for Business.
- It was confirmed that Home windows could have twice-yearly main updates to align with Office 365 ProPlus’ update schedule, with mentioned upgrades coming in September and March.
- Outlook Buyer Supervisor, which is designed to make it straightforward for SMBs to trace and handle buyer relationships, is now rolling out worldwide.
- The PowerPoint app for iPad was improved with the introduction of Designer, which supplies you fast and straightforward concepts for designing and laying out slides.
- Microsoft revealed that Wunderlist – which is accessible as an add-on to Workplace 365 subscribers utilizing Outlook 2013/2016, and on the net – will be replaced by To-Do.
- Microsoft has up to date Visio Professional for Workplace 365 with a database reverse engineering device that means that you can simply create a visible illustration instantly from supply knowledge.
- Workplace 365 benefited from the introduction of a safety analytics device which charges your present safety configuration, and makes recommendations on doable enhancements.
- The Workplace staff introduced that the OneNote REST API now helps application-level permissions.
- Excel obtained new options primarily based on Energy Question expertise, together with assist for the share knowledge kind, together with a brand new OLE DB connector.
- Microsoft launched Workplace Coaching Roadmaps which assist companies preserve monitor of coaching programmes for the assorted productiveness apps.
- Workplace 365 Superior Risk Safety obtained a number of new options for tighter e mail safety, specifically URL Detonation and Dynamic Delivery.
- Microsoft graced Workplace 365 with a brand new Setup part on the navigation menu, which gives handy and easy accessibility to all setup-related settings in a single location.
- Workplace 365 was crowned king of all productivity apps by Okta, outdoing second-place Salesforce.com by an element of 1.three to 1 as 2016 got here to a detailed.
- Microsoft introduced in a raft of recent programs from LinkedIn Studying to the Workplace Coaching Centre, with over 20 choices on working with Phrase and PowerPoint.
- StaffHub, a nifty new app which permits for the administration of shifts for deskless staff, became available for Office 365 users with a K1, E1, E3 or E5 plan.
- A brand new OneDrive for Enterprise admin centre started rolling out to launch clients, with normal availability promised for early 2017.
- Microsoft laid out its grand vision of how the agency intends to combine Groups (its Slack rival) with Microsoft Planner so working throughout the 2 is a seamless affair.
- Microsoft made the Accessibility Checker extra simply discovered throughout all Workplace 365 apps, and launched automated alternate textual content descriptions in Phrase and PowerPoint.
- An official guide on the ‘most popular deployment practices’ for Workplace 365 ProPlus was launched, together with recommendation on making ready the bottom, and upkeep afterwards.
- New statistics emerged from knowledge safety agency Bitglass exhibiting that Workplace 365 is twice as well-liked as Google’s G Suite.
- Workplace 365 customers obtained the good thing about real-time co-authoring in PowerPoint, in addition to within the Phrase app.
- Workplace Lens obtained a few new options, together with the complete integration of Immersive Reader, and a brand new device referred to as Body Information to assist the visually impaired.
- Outlook Buyer Supervisor arrived in Workplace 365, enabling companies to trace and handle – and hopefully develop – their buyer relationships.
- Microsoft reintroduced Access, its heavyweight database software program, to Workplace 365 Enterprise and Enterprise Premium clients.
- Microsoft officially took the wraps off Teams, the agency’s Slack rival that leverages the entire gamut of Workplace 365’s apps and companies.
- Excel 2016 obtained new options primarily based on Energy Question tech, together with an improved internet connector and enhanced Question Editor, in addition to Question Parameters assist.
- Microsoft launched the power to create (and collaborate on) Workplace paperwork from inside a Yammer group.
- In an earnings report, Microsoft introduced Workplace 365 person numbers: 85 million energetic business customers, and 24 million shoppers.
- A batch of new apps were revealed for Office, together with an app for invoicing, and monitoring bills, together with one for maintaining tabs on what you are promoting’ internet presence.
In any other case, now transfer on to Page 2 for our full assessment and detailed take a look at what Workplace 365 provides, and the way it may also help you grow to be extra productive.
Darren Allan contributed to this text