We will see why a SIM solely deal from EE would possibly enchantment. For those who’ve simply come to the tip of your cell phone contract however do not a lot fancy ditching your present handset, shoving a free SIM in there’s a thrifty different to upgrading. And EE is the UK community providing the quickest 4G speeds round. The identical goes when you’ve managed to pay money for a cut price SIM-free phone or have been gifted a hand-me-down from a good friend or member of the family.
Take a look at our comparability desk beneath to get a tailored EE SIM solely deal. And additional down the web page, we’ll inform you extra about what to anticipate from EE, the way to hold maintain of your present quantity and solutions to extra generally requested questions.
EE could be fairly a dear community, so do just be sure you seek the advice of our best SIM only deals web page earlier than you resolve in your SIM. Generally retailers throw good-looking cashback gives into the combination as a sweetener.
Is EE a great cellular community?
EE is essentially the most used community within the UK and took residence the Finest Client Community prize on the 2017 Cellular Business Awards – so fairly good pedigree, we might say!
The rationale EE stands out most nevertheless, is its 4G speeds. It is the quickest community by a ways, and round 50% sooner than any of the opposite three main networks (Vodafone, O2 and Three).
Are EE SIM solely offers cheaper than contract?
We do not wish to sound like a politicians however there is no such thing as a direct reply to this one. Allow us to sit on the fence by saying, “it may be”.
For those who’ve simply come to the tip of your contract and are completely completely satisfied together with your present cellular, then grabbing a free SIM from EE is undoubtedly cheaper than beginning a recent contract with a brand new phone.
However EE’s SIM solely gives are just a bit bit too expensive to make them value combining with a dear handset buy. Fore instance, when you have been to go together with the most affordable EE SIM and mix it with the £699 iPhone eight, you would be paying across the identical over two years as the most affordable iPhone 8 deals we have seen. However once more, it could be a special case when the smartphone reductions begin dropping on Black Friday 2017.
Can I hold my previous quantity?
You completely can and, in most cases, it is really very easy. You may have to telephone up your pre-EE community and ask them for a PAC, or Porting Authorisation Code. Then you’ll want to give that to EE, and they’ll hold you rolling together with your acquainted previous digits. These are the numbers to name when you’re presently on one of many different main networks:
- O2 0344 8090202
- Vodafone zero3333 040 191
- Three 0333 300 3333
- ID 0333 003 7777
- GiffGaff 43431 out of your handset
- Virgin 0345 6000 789
- BT 0800 800 150
- Tesco 0345 301 4455
- Sky 03300 412 524
- Asda 0800 079 2732
It is just a little bit much less simple when you’re already on EE, however have noticed a brand new EE SIM solely deal from a 3rd occasion firm that actually appeals. EE will not offer you a PAC, so as a substitute you will need to seize the most affordable free pay-as-you-go SIM yow will discover from one other community (e.g. O2, Vodafone, iD, and many others) and provides them your PAC code from EE. As soon as your quantity has transferred to the substitute community, name them for a second PAC. Then you definitely may give this to EE and proceed utilizing that very same phone quantity. Sneaky.
Is my telephone unlocked – can I take advantage of a brand new SIM in it?
Pop a good friend’s SIM card into your telephone. For those who instantly get on their community, then you definately’re in luck – your telephone is unlocked and you may go forward and purchase your new SIM card.
Three ships all its handsets unlocked from the outset, however the different networks require at the least some effort, and normally some money, from you (see beneath). And Apple iPhones are typically locked fully to the community they have been initially bought with. So once more be ready to pay to unlock it to EE.
- O2 You possibly can unlock any O2 telephone totally free when you’re on a pay month-to-month contract. PAYG prospects need to pay £15. The one exceptions are the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, for which you will have to attend till the tip of your contract earlier than they are often unlocked.
- Three Three telephones are all unlocked as quickly as they arrive out of the field. So you’ll be able to put an EE SIM card in any Three cellular you want with out cost and trouble.
- Vodafone Like Three, Vodafone would not count on you to pay to unlock your handset. However there’s a little effort required from you. You may want to provide them a name after which wait as much as 10 days earlier than you should utilize one other community’s SIM.
What SIM card dimension do I want?
There are three sizes of SIM card that you would be able to get on your telephone, and totally different telephones use totally different sizes. No trendy smartphones take the traditional customary SIM (15x25mm) anymore. Your telephone will virtually positively take both a micro (12x15mm) or nano (eight.8×12.3mm) SIM, the latter of which has been utilized by Apple because the iPhone 5 and Samsung because the Galaxy S6.
However there is no have to get your knickers in a twist about this one. The networks and third occasion sellers will allow you to select which SIM you want or will merely ship out a triple SIM, so you will get one in all every dimension. Alternatively, they’re going to ship you an adapter so you should utilize the wrong SIM dimension in your telephone.
What contract size ought to I get?
Till not too long ago, there was no such a factor as a 1-month EE SIM solely contract. However retailers reminiscent of Carphone Warehouse have now began to supply these quick time period contracts. That is actually helpful when you want a cease hole SIM earlier than you splash out on an extended contract deal.
In any other case, you have a tendency to have the ability to bag cheaper tariffs when you ramp issues as much as a one yr dedication. Use the ‘Contract Size’ filter in our comparability chart to slender down your choices.
How a lot telephone knowledge do I want?
Except you’ve got solely ever had pay-as-you-go telephones, you’ve got in all probability already obtained a fairly first rate thought of what number of GBs of knowledge you will want per thirty days. For those who always go over your allowance, or have bundles of knowledge to spare a month, then choosing your new EE SIM is an effective alternative to recalibrate. However when you’re nonetheless just a little uncertain, we may give you some steerage beneath…
- 1GB Unsurprisingly, going for EE’s minimal quantity of knowledge additionally means its least expensive costs. It ought to be sufficient for sometimes utilizing a maps app and checking your e mail away from Wi-fi, however not lots else.
- 2-3GB Lots of people go for just a little extra knowledge, as a pair extra quid a month would not look like lots in alternate for way more freedom. Sustain-to-date with social media, the soccer outcomes and information apps in consolation.
- Four-8GB For those who steadily obtain podcasts whereas out of the home or cannot face the day by day commute with out Spotify streaming, then it is value paying additional for this mid-range of knowledge.
- 10-16GB EE SIM solely offers start to look much more cheap once you get in to this echelon of knowledge allowance, with 12GB plans its candy spot in the intervening time. A great deal of knowledge for downloading and streaming.
- 20-30GB EE would not hassle with limitless knowledge, however the 30GB a month most remains to be a ridiculous quantity of knowledge to play with. You’d need to stream and obtain quite a lot of movies to go over your cap.
Ought to I get limitless calls and texts?
Except you go for something lower than a 12GB EE SIM deal, you will robotically get limitless minutes and texts included within the plan. In any other case, you are taking a look at a restrict of 1000 minutes for calls. With the reliance on instantaneous messaging lately, 1000 looks as if greater than sufficient, however go for a type of 12GB offers when you’re a chatterbox and do not wish to depend on apps to make your calls.
How does TechSwitch generate income from SIM solely offers?
For those who purchase a telephone after visiting this web page, TechSwitch will probably be paid a small fee by the community or reseller you purchase from. This cash is paid by the positioning you purchase from and thus doesn’t have an effect on the quantity you pay on your telephone contract. For those who go direct to the positioning you purchase from, you’ll pay the identical quantity.
Whereas some websites on the market will probably be paid bigger charges for pushing individuals to particular offers that are not essentially the most affordable, TechSwitch will all the time discover you the best possible worth. Belief and integrity is necessary to us, so when you ever assume we’re not displaying the easiest offers tell us.
Now you are within the know, scroll again to the highest of the web page to pay money for the EE SIM that fits you. And when you’re undecided that EE is the fitting community for you, then see what the opposite networks have to supply in our information to the best SIM only deals.