The Three network has lengthy been the go-to vacation spot should you’re searching for shedloads of knowledge – it is nonetheless the one main participant providing actually limitless (and unrestricted) information packages. And again and again now it comes up with very good SIM only deals that we simply must shout about.
When you’ve landed on this web page, we think about you’ve got already discovered that combining a SIM solely plan with a SIM free phone or your loved one present handset could be a good approach to save money. And whether it is massive information that you just crave, Three’s £18 tariff for 30GB is unparalleled by the likes of Vodafone, EE or O2.
Scroll all the way down to our comparability instrument to select your perfect Three SIM solely deal – whether or not you want it now, or to match up with a cut price handset. And should you’re not but offered on the Three community or are nonetheless not sure about how going SIM solely works, hold scrolling all the way down to our FAQ.
Is Three the perfect cell community for me?
As we have stated above, there are two superb the reason why it’s best to contemplate Three for SIM only. The primary is the worth tag – it usually will get the soar on the opposite ‘Massive Four’ networks with regards to its SIM card pricing. And the second is should you like a plan with oodles of knowledge.
Plus, should you’re searching for a community that is going to ship freebies and rewards to your inbox each week, Three has simply improved on that aspect of issues, too. You get entry to the Wuntu app, which provides you free coffees, low-cost lunches and massive reductions.
Three’s Important and Superior plans
Seize a Three SIM, and you will be on one among two plans:
Three Important Plans
The most cost effective Three SIM solely offers are on the Important plan, and this might be fully advantageous for most individuals. It lacks a handful of advantages that you just get with Superior, however you continue to get 4G protection, limitless texts and use of Wi-Fi on the London Underground. Except you are a eager globetrotter or must tether, follow the naked Necessities.
Three Superior Plans
Make the soar to an Superior Plan and make your self snug with the community’s Really feel At Residence further – limitless use of your information, calls and texts in 60 different nations, together with the US and Australia. Go Binge let’s you stream Netflix, Apple Music TVPlayer, Deezer and SoundCloud away from Wi-Fi with out consuming into your information allowance. Plus, you need to use your cellphone as a Private Hotspot from which to tether your laptop computer or pill.
Are Three SIM solely offers cheaper than contract?
When you’re on the finish of your contract or blagged a good friend’s outdated unlocked cellphone, then grabbing a Three SIM card is undeniably price efficient. They begin at lower than £10 a month.
However should you’re beginning afresh with a brand new cellphone, you get no discernible profit from heading down the handset and SIM solely combo highway with Three. Whether or not you are after an iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy S8 or one thing cheaper, the offers you may get by merely grabbing a traditional two yr tariff are extra affordable in the long term. You may head to our mobile phone deals web page to match contract costs of the newest, best handsets round.
Can I hold my outdated quantity?
Give your present community a name (on one of many under numbers), ask to your PAC – quick for Porting Authorisation Code – give it to Three and so they’ll gladly switch over your outdated phone quantity. So no must ship out a textual content to your whole contacts checklist with a brand new quantity:
- EE 07953 966 250
- O2 0344 8090202
- Vodafone 03333 040 191
- ID 0333 003 7777
- GiffGaff 43431 out of your handset
- Virgin 0345 6000 789
- BT 0800 800 150
- Tesco 0345 301 4455
- Sky 03300 412 524
- Asda 0800 079 2732
Straightforward, proper? However not really easy should you have been already on Three after which determined to go for one of many offers in our comparability chart that is not immediately with Three. Three will not provide you with a PAC on this state of affairs, so as a substitute you may must seize the most affordable free pay-as-you-go SIM yow will discover from one other community (e.g. O2, EE, iD, and many others) and provides them your PAC code from Three. As soon as your quantity has transferred to the substitute community, name them for a second PAC. Then you definately can provide this to Three and proceed utilizing that very same phone quantity. A convoluted however useful workaround.
Is my cellphone unlocked – can I exploit a Three SIM in it?
If Three is the place your coronary heart is, then chances are you’ll already know that it ships all of its telephones fully unlocked. Which means you may put a SIM card from any community in your handset and also you’re good to go.
Sadly, not all networks are as profligate on this regard. Some networks require you to pay to unlock your cell and Apple iPhones are usually locked fully to the community they have been initially offered with. Here is how the opposite main networks function:
- EE Get by way of the primary six months of your contract, name EE on 0800 956 6000 and pay them £eight.99 and it will unlock your cellphone. It says it is going to take round 10 days to finish. PAYG telephones could be unlocked without spending a dime.
- O2 You may unlock any O2 cellphone without spending a dime should you’re on a pay month-to-month contract. PAYG prospects must pay £15. That is until your cellphone is a Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, through which case you may have to attend till the top of your contract earlier than it may be unlocked.
- Vodafone Vodafone is much like Three. It’ll unlock your handset without spending a dime, however you need to give them a name to take action. From there, it is prone to take 10 days earlier than you need to use one other community’s SIM in your cellphone.
What SIM card dimension do I want?
We hate to sound glib (we actually do), however it would not actually matter should you’re shifting to Three. No matter plan you select, you may obtain a ‘trio-sim’. So whether or not your cellphone takes a micro SIM, nano SIM or an old-school customary SIM, you are lined.
What contract size ought to I get?
Three offers you the selection between signing up for an entire yr, or paying a bit of extra for 1 month at a time. It could price you a number of quid further per thirty days, but when that you will solely want use of your new SIM for a number of months, it ought to prevent a lot in the long term.
How a lot cellphone information do I want?
When you’re sniffing round Three, there is a good likelihood that you’ve got already made up your thoughts and need to go straight for the jugular – 30GB or limitless information.
However should you’re nonetheless making an attempt to make up your thoughts, and haven’t any notion of precisely how a lot information you may actually need per thirty days, then our fast information under will assist. Alternatively, why not seize an enormous information deal for one month, see how a lot information you utilize, after which downsize after that…?
- 500MB-2GB When you simply want a really low-cost free SIM to shove in your cellphone and barely use information away from WI-FI, then we’re not going to steer you in any other case. However keep in mind that Three’s 4GB tariffs can usually be as low-cost, or only a couple kilos extra a month.
- Four-8GB It is a stable wedge of knowledge that it’s best to be capable of bag for an inexpensive month-to-month price. quantity if you wish to safely use Google Maps, stream Spotify and replace your downloads with out going over your restrict.
- 12-20GB Though limitless information sounds very engaging on paper, ask your self whether or not you actually need it. And verify your present utilization – chances are you’ll be shocked how far you may get with 12-20GB. It is an enormous allowance that permits for a great deal of downloading, social media looking and some movies’ price of streaming per thirty days.
- 30GB On the threat of repeating ourselves, that is Three’s candy spot – whether or not you are going SIM solely or contract. It is extra information than most individuals will know what to do with, however the costs could be actually affordable. Far cheaper than going limitless.
- Limitless When you’ve already made up your thoughts about getting limitless, we doubt there’s a lot we will say to alter your thoughts. And it is definitely a liberating feeling to have the liberty of limitless information. However costs can get actually costly, so we might urge you solely to enroll if you actually need it.
Ought to I get limitless calls and texts?
Limitless texts are a given with Three, no matter whether or not you get an Important or Superior plan. However a lot of plans do place restrictions on calls – normally 200 or 600 minutes. When you do not truly make that many calls out of your cell, then you may bag a less expensive deal by going for one among these. Chatterboxes ought to pay further for limitless minutes or, should you’re going for an enormous information deal anyway, make use of apps like WhatsApp or the community’s Three inTouch and use information calling.
How does TechSwitch earn money from SIM solely offers?
When you purchase a cellphone after visiting this web page, TechSwitch might be paid a small fee by the community or reseller you purchase from. This cash is paid by the positioning you purchase from and thus doesn’t have an effect on the quantity you pay to your cellphone contract. When you go direct to the positioning you purchase from, you’d pay the identical quantity.
Whereas some websites on the market might be paid bigger charges for pushing folks to particular offers that are not essentially the most affordable, TechSwitch will at all times discover you the very best worth. Belief and integrity is vital to us, so should you ever assume we’re not displaying the perfect offers tell us.
If Three sounds just like the community for you, then scroll again to the highest of this web page and choose your SIM. fairly attempt your luck elsewhere? Then head to our best SIM only deals information for extra data and the perfect costs from different networks.