A SIM-only deal is a cell phone plan that gives calls, texts and knowledge in return for a month-to-month payment, however does not come bundled with a telephone. Leaving the telephone out of the equation means SIM-only offers might be less expensive than basic mobile phone deals which makes them ultimate if you have already got a handset or are eyeing up a SIM-free phone.
To make issues simple for you, we have gone by way of and combed by way of all of Australia’s out there SIM-only plans to picks those we predict supply probably the most bang to your buck. Our decisions begin from $16 monthly for a fundamental plan, however we have additionally checked out dearer plans at $40 and $60, and there are some nice choices for energy customers who want a great deal of knowledge.
Under, you may discover the perfect SIM-only offers in Australia as of December 2017. Whether or not you’re after the most affordable plan potential, wish to dig out the best-value massive knowledge SIM plan or simply need an all-round nice deal however don’t know the way a lot to spend, it is best to discover a suggestion right here that fits your wants.
Greatest SIM-only offers for underneath $25 a month
Amaysim | No contracts | 2.5GB knowledge | Limitless nationwide calls | Limitless texts | $20 per 28 days | Optus 4G Community
With its new SIM-only, pay-as-you-go plans, Amaysim is providing terrific worth relating to knowledge, speak and textual content. $20 will get you 2.5GB of information, limitless nationwide speak and textual content, all on the Optus 4G Community.
Vaya | No contracts | 1GB knowledge | Limitless nationwide calls | Limitless texts | $16 monthly | Optus 4G Community
A deal that gives terrific worth, Vaya’s Limitless S plan affords limitless nationwide calls and texts with 1GB of information for simply $16 monthly. Better of all, there are not any contracts concerned, so your minimal value is the preliminary month-to-month fee. Additionally, if you are going to buy the plan earlier than June 16, 2017, you get a free 5GB data-only SIM to make use of as you see match.
Yomojo| No contracts | 2GB knowledge | Limitless nationwide calls | Limitless texts | $19.90 monthly | Optus 4G Community
For just some greater than the final SIM solely plan, you may get an additional gig of information from Yomojo. Just like the Vaya plan, you get limitless calls and texts inside Australia and there are not any lock in contracts. It additionally works off the Optus 4G community, although you will not get any bonus knowledge for signing up instantly.
Greatest SIM-only offers for underneath $40 a month
Amaysim | No contracts | 15GB knowledge | Limitless nationwide calls (worldwide calls included) | Limitless texts | $40 per 28 days | Optus 4G Community
A incredible package deal on a pay-as-you-go plans, Amaysim is providing 15GB knowledge, plus limitless nationwide speak and textual content. You will additionally get limitless worldwide calls to 10 particular nations, and 300 minutes to an extra 22 nations. Wonderful worth for less than $40 per 28 days.
Vaya | No contracts | 10GB knowledge | Limitless nationwide calls | Limitless texts | $36 monthly | Optus 4G Community
With Vaya’s Limitless XL plan, you get a whopping 10GB of month-to-month knowledge and limitless nationwide calls and texts for simply $36 monthly. Whereas the plan does not supply limitless worldwide calls, you may add 200 minutes of abroad calls to 100 choose nations for simply $2 further monthly.
Optus | 12-month contract | 12GB knowledge | $300 worldwide calls (choose nations) | Limitless nationwide texts | $40 monthly | Optus 4G Community
Although this plan requires you to enroll to a 12-month contract, there’s an terrible lot of worth included right here for simply $40 monthly. You get 12GB of month-to-month knowledge, in addition to $300 value of worldwide calls to pick out nations. Technically it is a 10GB plan, although you get 2GB bonus knowledge should you join earlier than June Four, 2017.
Greatest SIM-only offers for underneath $60 a month
Amaysim | No contracts | 20GB knowledge | Limitless nationwide calls (worldwide calls included) | Limitless texts | $50 per 28 days | Optus 4G Community
One other terrific pay-as-you-go plans from Amaysim offers you 250GB knowledge, plus limitless nationwide speak and textual content. You will additionally get limitless worldwide calls to 10 particular nations, and 300 minutes to an extra 22 nations. Unbeatable worth at $50 per 28 days.
Virgin Cellular | 12-month contract | 18GB knowledge | Limitless nationwide calls | Limitless texts | $500 worldwide calls and textual content |$60 monthly | Optus 4G Community
Providing an enormous quantity of information at an interesting worth, Virgin Cellular’s $60 SIM solely plan is nice worth for energy customers. You get a whopping 18GB of month-to-month knowledge (which rolls over to the subsequent month) and $500 value of ordinary worldwide calls and textual content.
Virgin Cellular | No contracts | 11GB knowledge | Limitless nationwide calls | Limitless texts | $500 worldwide calls and textual content |$60 monthly | Optus 4G Community
Just like the earlier possibility, the distinction with this $60 monthly Virgin Cellular plan is that there isn’t any contracts to signal. That stated, there’s a draw back in that it solely affords 11GB of information monthly relatively than 18GB. Nonetheless, if that appears like greater than sufficient knowledge for you, then it is a nice alternative for individuals who hate contracts.
Ought to I’m going SIM-only?
When you a) wish to avoid wasting cash; b) do not wish to be tied right into a prolonged contract; or c) each of the above, then going SIM-only is effectively value contemplating. In reality, you are most likely in one among two conditions in case your ideas are turning to a SIM-only cellular plan:
- You are coming to the tip of your contract and your community is asking you one million occasions a day to get you to improve. Effectively in case your telephone is dying a dying otherwise you simply fancy a change, head to our best mobile phones deal page to see what bargains are lurking, however in any other case going SIM solely in your present telephone is a no brainer. You will wind up paying a lot lower than you’re underneath contract, and you’ll persist with a rolling 30 day contract in order that in case your circumstances change, you may get out of the association tout suite.
- It is time for a shiny new smartphone and also you wish to get the most effective worth humanly potential. You will have to seek out a couple of hundred bucks up entrance for the handset (make sure to test our SIM free comparison chart) however field intelligent and you will find yourself paying much less over the subsequent 24 months (see beneath). Plus, should you’re a commitment-phobe, most SIM-only plans do not require you to enroll in two years such as you would with a traditional contract.
What SIM card measurement do I would like?
There are three sizes of SIM card which you could get to your telephone, and the one you want will rely in your handset. It has been some time for the reason that conventional, so-called normal SIM (15 x 25mm) has genuinely been the staple in new telephones. As a substitute, any telephone you’ve got purchased inside the final 5 or so years is more likely to require a micro (12 x 15mm) or nano (eight.eight x 12.3mm) SIM – the iPhone 5 was Apple’s first cellular with a nano SIM, whereas Samsung started utilizing the smallest measurement in its Galaxy S6.
Earlier than you buy your new SIM, double-check the producer’s web site to see what measurement you require. And should you’re merely unsure, most networks now merely ship out a triple SIM, so you may get one among every measurement.
What contract size ought to I get?
In contrast to with a contract, there’s much more flexibility out there relating to how lengthy your SIM-only plan will final. Two yr commitments are nearly extraordinary, with the norm being both one yr or rolling one month contracts for final flexibility. You possibly can usually get higher costs should you tie your self in for 12 months, particularly on bigger knowledge tariffs. However sticking to at least one month at a time means which you could successfully hand choose a brand new plan to go well with you each 30 days or so.
How a lot knowledge do I would like?
As a result of you may change your plan up extra recurrently than a traditional, lengthier contract, it is much less essential to get this nailed from the beginning. However should you’re pondering of grabbing a 12-monther or simply put a private pleasure on getting issues proper first time, then we’ll show you how to pick the candy spot of information for you.
Firstly, test your telephone to see how a lot knowledge you’ve got been utilizing so far, and whether or not you have got the tendency to make use of greater than your present allowance each month. Then, should you’re nonetheless uncertain, try our steering:
- Zero-1GB Tiny quantities of information on SIM solely offers may very well be a blessing or a curse. When you’re placing it in a not often used telephone that can scarcely be away from wi-fi then you definitely’re quids in. But when you find yourself with one as a result of your head’s turned by the unbelievable worth, then you may find yourself paying extra should you regularly go over your allowance.
- 2-3GB For anyone who wants knowledge for little greater than the occasional Google Maps route planning, 2GB and 3GB plans come low-cost and provide you with rather more freedom to test the soccer scores and scroll Fb away from the wi-fi with out hazard.
- Four-8GB If you cannot depart the home with out having a music streaming service like Spotify pouring into your ears, then it is perhaps value paying for some further GBs of information.
- 10-16GB It is a vital quantity of information and a few networks supply it for a really appetising worth. Whether or not streaming music, downloading podcasts, watching social media movies, or all three is your factor – you need to be coated.
- 20-30GB Solely smartphone junkies that want common (and hefty) knowledge fixes want hassle with this avalanche of GBs. You can rinse Netflix, Spotify and on-line video games with out an excessive amount of worry of topping out.
Do I would like limitless calls and texts?
Name it practicality, name it greediness, name it what you need – it is human nature to need ‘limitless’ something if supplied. However it is best to assume genuinely about whether or not you actually need it in a world the place the likes of WhatsApp and Skype allow you to name and textual content free of charge over wi-fi or 4G. When you resolve that a couple of thousand month-to-month minutes and texts ought to do you, then you may shave off some money out of your invoice.
The SIM-only offers on this web page are checked recurrently, so ensure you go to usually if you wish to get probably the most up-to-date info on the offers which can be at present out there!